HEARING CONSERVATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMESH.A.S.S. Industrial (Pty) Ltd. Hearing Conservation Management Programme is a comprehensive programme that focuses on a long term solution to reduce the risk of noise-induced hearing loss. Despite all the efforts by industry professionals and suppliers, occupational deafness is still one of the leading occupational diseases in the world.
H.A.S.S. Industrial (Pty) Ltd. Hearing Conservation Management Programme includes:
- Assessment of noise exposure levels
- Screening the hearing capacity of people exposed to noise
- Monitoring the effectiveness of hearing protection devices
- Systematic and complete approach that involves management, workforce and supplier
Hearing Conservation Management Programme – systematic approach:
1. Needs assessment
- Assessment performed regarding the environment, noise exposure levels and the correct hearing protection devices required.
- Discuss the processes involved in the implementation of the programme.
- Explanation of each process from Impression Taking, Manufacturing, Fitting to the Annual Follow-up.
- Discussion regarding the need for Awareness and Training Campaigns.
2. Impression Taking
- Medical examinations are done before impressions are taken to ensure the user’s ears are healthy and clean.
- Impressions are taken on-site by an accredited H.A.S.S. employee, ensuring maximum productivity for your workforce.
- The process is explained and employees are informed as to what they may experience. This routine procedure is done safely.
- Impressions are sent to our lab where manufacturing commences.
- Noise-Ban custom-made hearing protection devices are locally and internationally tested and approved. Manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
- Our skilled lab technicians are highly qualified and efficient.
- Turn-around time in accordance with project requirements. *T&C Apply.
4. Fitting (Training, Awareness & Database Reporting)
- On-site service by an accredited H.A.S.S. employee, ensuring maximum productivity for your workforce.
- Effectively fitting the Noise-Ban in the ears of the user.
- Wearing comfort is verified.
- Leak-tight test in both ears to ensure perfect fit.
- Correct attenuation is set for optimum protection and communication.
- User is educated on the use and maintenance of the custom-made hearing protection device.
- User is educated on the effects of noise-induced hearing loss and awareness is created of the importance of wearing custom-made hearing protection devices.
- All information is loaded onto a database to build a historical file on each user. Records are used to provide annual feedback and monitoring reports to management.
5. Annually monitoring
- Monitor the effectiveness of the product and programme on an annual basis. Product does not need to be ‘calibrated’, but monitoring is done to ensure the programme and product continue working optimally.
- Leak-tight tests to ensure 100% effectiveness of the Noise-Ban in the ear
- Assessing comfort and use by counselling and consulting with the user
- Ultrasonic cleaning and service to ensure that the Noise-Ban functions effectively
- Re-training and counselling of the users
- Complying with local and international requirements and specifications
- On-site service by accredited H.A.S.S. employees, ensuring maximum productivity for your workforce
- Assisting the medical and safety departments with Hearing Conservation Management Programme
- Given the potential impact of noise-induced hearing loss on employers’ operations and finances, as well as on employees’ health, earning potential and quality of life, a Hearing Conservation Management Programme should be controlled and reviewed annually. A joint effort is essential for the effectiveness of the Hearing Conservation Management Programme and can be done cost effectively.
Custom Noise Control programme is a custom designed programme for large companies, to assist them in implementing a complete and cost-effective hearing protection programme on a long-term basis. It is a full on-site hearing protection management programme that includes:
- Noise-Ban Elite custom-made hearing protection devices
- The complete H.A.S.S. Hearing Conservation Management Programme
- On-site staff
- Hearing Management services and more.